The Crookwood VU meters are dual channel precision VU meters, made by Sifam, and mounted
on a panel with a passive meter input attenuator.
Usually ships within 6 days
Warning: Last items in stock!
VU meters are great! Everybody knows what they look like, and they still have a great place in audio production for giving you a feel for the dynamics and levels of real music.
Sadly real VU meters are difficult to come by. There’s a standard (BS6840:part 17 1991 & IEC268-17:1990) which they need to comply with, otherwise they’re just useless black needles bouncing up and down on a beige background. We reckon that there are only 3 or 4 manufacturers of real VU meters in the whole world!
Crookwood use real VU meters that meet this standard and in addition, they’ve got a great precision attenuator, so no matter how hot the signal is coming out of your DAW or DAC, you can get the meters to work properly.
• They are specified to follow the VU standard at all attenuations, so retaining the VU
• The attenuator is balanced, but can accept unbalanced sources
• There is no power required, so they can be mounted anywhere
• The meters are large and very visible, so they do not need any backlights, even in dark
• The meters have individual labels on each meter for their function, including surround
• The meters are mounted flush, for a neat professional look.
• There are trims available for the electrical and mechanical calibration of the meters.
• The meters are available in 2 packages: a 4U, 106mm wide version that matches other
Crookwood control panels, and a 2RU 19” version
• 2U high, 19″ rack unit wide
• XLR inputs
|Type||Stereo Vu meter|
|Application||Tracking, Mixing & Mastering|