Thanks to our relationship with Buzz Audio, we can have your new gear to you in no time. Order now and it will be shipped the same day it’s received from the maker. Contact us for the most accurate lead time.
Warning: Last items in stock!
As many of our users have discovered, the MA-2.2 sounds amazingly vibrant when recording acoustic guitar and percussion. It is equally at home on vocal duties and you will also be very surprised how good a kick drum can sound using this preamp. The MA-2.2 matches well with all microphones types due to the transformer-less low reactance input. The noise specification is within 1dB of the theoretical minimum possible and the internal frequency response is out to 1,000,000 hertz - even at full gain. Extraordinary transparent performance that never sounds "clinical".
Each channel has a switch for Phase Reverse, 20dB Pad, Output Mute, 48V phantom power and a high/low Input Impedance selection. There is also a Peak LED
As standard the MA-2.2 has an unbalanced output, avoiding the extra stage required for this function to keep the signal path as simple as possible. The unit can however be supplied or retrofitted with high spec Lundahl output transformers. When the transformers are fitted, the direct unbalanced output is still available on the rear panel via a 1/4" jack socket which lights when the MA2.2 output reaches +18dBu.
• Min Gain +16dB (-4dB with pad in)
• Max Gain +65dB
• Maximum Output Level +24dBu unbalanced.
• Frequency Response!
2Hz to 250kHz @ 20dB gain (-3dB).
20Hz to 250kHz @ 65dB gain (-3dB).
• Harmonic Distortion less than 0.008% 100Hz to 10kHz.
• Slew Rate typically 140 V/uS, @ +20dBu output level.
• Equivalent Input Noise -133.5dB A wtg, 150ohm source Z.
• Signal to Noise Ratio -74dBu A wtg, input shorted.
• Common Mode Noise Rejection 100Hz-80dB, 1kHz -80dB, 10kHz-70dB internal trims.
• Channel to Channel Crosstalk below noise.
• Input Impedance 3k ohms/1k2 ohms switchable.
• Indicators Peak Level @ +18dBu, Power On.
• Connectors Input-XLR3F, Out on 1/4" jack and XLR3M.
• Size 1 Unit rack mount
• Power requirements 230V/115V selectable.
Specifications are typical of a production unit and are subject to change without notice. 0dBu reference = 0.775 volts RMS
|Type||Solid State Preamplifier|