Mesanovic Microphones Model 2A Active Ribbon Microphone
The Model 2A is an active version of the Model 2 ribbon microphone. The Model 2A utilizes the same design features found in the Model 2 and offers the same unique sonic character. The microphone contains our signature motor structure and custom designed resonator plates to provide the incredibly extended, detailed, and 3D like response found in our Model 2.
This item is in stock & ready to ship.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The Model 2A’s high output is provided by a custom, in house wound, toroidal transformer. This high turn ratio transformer is perfectly matched to the Model 2A’s ribbon to provide optimal performance. The phantom powered electronics work as an impedance buffer and provide no additional gain or coloration to the sound. The result of this ideal impedance matching is 13 dB more output than the Model 2 and extremely low self-noise.
With its high output level, the Model 2A will work perfectly with any preamplifier. Whether you are using an entry-level interface or a high end dedicated preamp, the Model 2A will deliver stunning results. The Model 2A excels on quieter sources such as acoustic guitar, vocals, strings, and piano - yet still delivers beautifully on louder sources like guitar amps and drum overheads. The Model 2A also shines on location recordings of choirs and orchestras where low noise and high output is needed.
The Model 2A is covered by a lifetime parts warranty and a free re-ribboning for the original owner within two years of purchase. The microphone ships with a plastic molded case, isolation mount, and protective pouch.
• An all-original one of a kind ribbon motor construction providing an extremely wide and balanced frequency response (20-20kHz and beyond)
• Custom, in house wound, toroidal transformer and active electronics
• High output level with optimal impedance matching and extremely low self-noise
• Open, transparent, natural sound with incredible depth and detail
• Lifetime warranty on parts and a two year ribbon replacement warranty
• Completely handcrafted in Detroit, MI
• Directional Pattern: Bidirectional
• Frequency Range: 20-20kHz and beyond
• Sensitivity: -40.2 dB (9.8 mV/Pa)
• Self Noise: 11 dB(A)
• Max SPL: 140 dB SPL
• Output Impedance: 170 Ohms
• Height: 7.4 in
• Diameter: 1.25 in
• Weight: 230 g
• Material: Pure Aluminum
• Thickness: 1.8 microns
• Length: 2 in
• Width: 0.23 in
|Type||Active Ribbon Microphone|