Special order. Thanks to our relationship with Vertigo Sound, we can have your new gear to you in no time. Order now and it will be shipped the same day it’s received from the maker. Contact us for the most accurate lead time.
Warning: Last items in stock!
VSM-2 Unique Features
• All analog, latency free processing
• Two fully balanced inserts on XLR offering MS En & DE-coding
• Level compensated MS En & DE-coding
• Insert 1 provides Dry-Wet Mix control "Parallel Compression" for LR and MS
• Insert 2 provides "M&S Stereo Width" control
• Level compensated AFL Solo for M and S-Signal
• All controls can be easily recalled via stepped controls, pointer knobs & fine scales
• Hardwire bypass for all and each processing stage
• Excellent headroom with up to +30dbu at the Ins & Outs
• Level matching of the inputs and outputs
• Fast input and output metering plus various clip leds
• Color coded switch controls for easy intuitive operation
• Superior crafted & anodized front plate in "sun orange" & blue metallic silk screen print
• Two independent stereo coloration circuits
• Stereo & M or S Generation of pure 2nd & 3rd harmonics
• Each coloration generator is independently switchable to M, S or LR
• Excessive harmonic filtering possibilties for each harmonic generator
• RMS LED level control for equal level of harmonic generators
• Unique "Track" mode for processing individual instruments
• Soft & Hard clip switching capability
The Mix Satellite rear offers fully balanced inputs, outputs & inserts on Neutrik gold plated XLR connectors. The rear panel is clearly legended in neatly arranged white and black color. The picture shows the standard 230V version but internal jumpers easily set the unit to 115V AC.
The idea behind the VSM-2
The VSM-2 a.k.a. Mix Satellite offers plenty of hugely useful functions for mixing and mastering in one unit. Of course in daily studio life, even in the worst case scenario, you won't need all the functions of the VSM-2 at once. Carefully spot the problems you want to fix and choose the appropriate processing technique of the VSM-2. The Mix Satellite allows you to try different processing strategies without any loss of time! You can switch between conventional Stereo and MS processing within seconds or you can blend the Mix with the unprocessed signal by dialing only one knob. The Solo M&S Function allows you to listen closely to M or S and to optimize your processing setting! Technical progress and purity of analogue and digital equipment effectively removed distortion as a stylistic device from the audio engineers' tool repertoire of today The VSM-2 Harmonic generators allow you to colour, saturate, enhance, compress, limit or distort your program material! Now you are able to put real analog life into "dead sounds" out of the box. All parameters to create your own kind of musical coloration are on the hand with the Mix Satellite VSM-2!
• All Ins & Outs electronically balanced
• Dynamic Range: 128 db
• Frequency response: 10 Hz ... 100 kHz (+- 1 db)
• Max. Output Level: + 30 dBu
• THD at +28dbu <= 0,003%
• Signal to Noise Ratio at + 6 dBu = 104 db (20..20 kHz, unweighted, RMS)
• Noise: – 98 dBu (20 Hz – 22 khz – unweighted, RMS) @ 0 db Unity Gain
• Power consumption: max 30 Watts
|Application||Tracking, Mixing & Mastering|
No customer reviews for the moment.