In stock. This item is in stock & ready to ship.
Warning: Last items in stock!
In "Level" mode, the Level-Or acts very much like the Level-Loc. An additional, faster release time has been added for even more flexibility and a broader range of compressed sounds.
In "Crunch" mode, the Level-Or sets itself apart from anything else like it. By sweeping the input level over the range provided, a huge palette of sounds can be reached from subtle saturation and harmonic enhancement, to aggressive crunch, to buzz-saw like distortion, to utter destruction of the original source material.
Between these two available modes, there is a huge array of sounds that can be produced from this unit. Simple drum loops can be taken from boring to unique and drum room mics can be crushed or distorted to taste adding size and character to the overall sound. Bass, guitar, and keyboard sounds can be manipulated, taking on completely new and different sounds than the original source material.
*Note: Due to the nature of the design of this unit, it is very aggressive sounding; with noticeable pumping, distortion, and some noise.
We consider this a good thing!
Sound Clips: Click instrument for sample
• Drums: 0-4 seconds = straight signal; 4-9 seconds = level mode; 9-13 seconds = crunch mode; 13-17 seconds = crunch mode maxed
• Synth Bass: 0-5 seconds = straight sound; 5-19 seconds = crunch mode gradually; turning up input until maxed
• Piano: 0-5 seconds = straight signal; 5-10 seconds = level mode; 10-15 crunch mode gradually turning up input until maxed
• Transformer balanced input
• Electronically balanced, line level output stage capable of driving balanced loads as low as 600 ohm
• Two modes of operation:
Level – Sound of unit is dominated by JFET limiter
Crunch – Sound of unit is dominated by harmonic distortion from the • discrete transistor-based, Class A amplification stages
Additional release time added that is twice as fast as original release
Output level control to enable the input of the Level-Or to be driven hard without clipping the device that the Level-Or is driving (DAW input, Tape Machine, Console Line Amplifier, etc)
• Fast / Slow - (Level Mode only) Switches between slow (same as original Level-Loc release) and fast release times
• ¼" line input on front panel
• Hand wired and assembled in the USA
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|