In stock. This item is in stock & ready to ship.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The characteristic sound of this unit arises mostly from the fast response at the onset of compression, which when delayed to occur around the mid range attack settings (after 0.3 to 3 milliseconds) results in a window through which transients can still pass. When used across a mix, or with any dynamic program, this has the effect of adding 'punch', as the side-chain 'breathes' around these transients, while still controlling overall levels. CRUSH mode has been developed as an extension of this 'musicality', adding to and accentuating the factors involved in producing the character of the unit. CRUSH may sound surprising to those interested in more gentle applications, being capable of exaggerated compression effects, but in conjunction with the fast limit settings also introduced with this unit, it allows the C2 to be used for a much wider range of applications than the C1.
• External fader level control input, (to order) (stereo mastering etc).
• Extra dual channel slave units, for multichannel applications, (film / surround formats etc.).
Sidechain High Pass filter cables
Reduces sensitivity to low frequency compression. The C2 input is split through 150Hz -6dB/octave High Pass filter to feed the External Sidechain input. The C2 operates as normal, untill the 'External Sidechain' switches selected. (External signals can still be connected if required, with or without the filters)
• New generation of Voltage Controlled Amplifiers.
• High slew rate amplifiers, with hybrid f.e.t/ transistor inputs (Analog Devices).
• High current push-pull transistor outputs.
• Total symmetry throughout signal path.
• No electrolytic capacitors used in main signal path.
• All inputs and outputs balanced.
C2 Family Specifications
• Power: 100v-240v AC selectable, 30 watts
• Noise floor: Below -104 dBm (flat 20Hz-20Khz)
• Distortion: Below 0.005% (1K/+4 THD 20Hz-20Khz)
• Frq. Response: Within 1/2dB from 20Hz to 100Khz
• Depth in rack: 258mm
• Main input: Balanced, impedance 1K8 per leg
• Sidechain i/p: Balanced, impedance 10K per leg
• Output: Discrete transistor. Above +26dBm into 600 ohm load
• Threshold: Adjustable -20 to +20dBm
• Make-up gain: Adjustable 0 to +20dBm
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|
No customer reviews for the moment.