Thanks to our relationship with Gem Audio Labs, we can have your new gear to you in no time. Order now and it will be shipped the same day it’s received from the maker. Contact us for the most accurate lead time.
Warning: Last items in stock!
• Inputs: Balanced XLR
• Outputs: Balanced XLR
• Ext. sidechain inputs: Balanced TRS
• Signal transformers: Carnhill
• Bypass: hard relay bypass
• Input impedance: 2k5Ω or 10kΩ switched on the front panel
• Output impedance: 50Ω
• Frequency response: 20-22.000Hz
• Maximum input level : + 21 dBu @ sensitivity +4 dBu
• Maximum output level: +23 dBu
• S/N ratio (A-weighted) : better than 85dBu
• Meter: 0 to -20dB gain reduction
• Signal path: Class-A, discrete
• VCA: bipolar transistors biased by Zener diodes
• Dynamic modes: Compressor, Limiter (Fairchild 660)
• Speed modes: fast, medium, slow
• Attack: 0,5ms – 60ms
• Release: 25ms – 6s
• External sidechain: YES
• Sidechain filtering : OFF, 40Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz, 200 Hz, 320 Hz
• Blender (parallel compression) : yes
• PSU: internal
• Fuses type: 230V : 630mA (slo-blo; 5x20mm) /115V :1,25A (slo-blo;5x20mm)
• Power consumption: 70W
• Dimensions (WxHxD) : 483x133mm (3U) x 245mm
• Weight: 6,4kg
Difference between Preceptor Model-A and Model-T
The Model-A has a “Speed” switch that affects Attack and Release times. On the Model-T, the switch affects Attack only (and is labelled as such).
The Model-T sports an additional switch (not present on the Model-A): “Action,” which lets you choose between two modes – each giving you a different combination of threshold and compression knee. “Soft” gives you less pump factor and is useful for for complex material – mastering, for instance. “Hard” allows for more agressive pumping and is great for tracking, when you occasionally want access to stronger compression.
The Model-T’s “Soft” setting is optimized for complex material that requires a more finessed touch, such as film scoring or classical music recording and mastering. In case your were wondering, the “T,” in Model-T designates “Transparent.” The Model-A (“Aggressive”), lacking this switch, exhibits the “Hard” compression characteristic, and is great for more aggressive material such as rock and pop recording and mastering.
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|
No customer reviews for the moment.