Usually ships within 10 days
Warning: Last items in stock!
• Inputs: Balanced XLR
• Outputs: Balanced XLR
• Ext. sidechain inputs: Balanced TRS
• Signal transformers: Carnhill
• Bypass: hard relay bypass
• Input impedance: 2k5Ω or 10kΩ switched on the front panel
• Output impedance: 50Ω
• Frequency response: 20-22.000Hz
• Maximum input level : + 21 dBu @ sensitivity +4 dBu
• Maximum output level: +23 dBu
• S/N ratio (A-weighted) : better than 85dBu
• Meter: 0 to -20dB gain reduction
• Signal path: Class-A, discrete
• VCA: bipolar transistors biased by Zener diodes
• Dynamic modes: Compressor, Limiter (Fairchild 660)
• Speed modes: fast, medium, slow
• Attack: 0,5ms – 60ms
• Release: 25ms – 6s
• External sidechain: YES
• Sidechain filtering : OFF, 40Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz, 200 Hz, 320 Hz
• Blender (parallel compression) : yes
• PSU: internal
• Fuses type: 230V : 630mA (slo-blo; 5x20mm) /115V :1,25A (slo-blo;5x20mm)
• Power consumption: 70W
• Dimensions (WxHxD) : 483x133mm (3U) x 245mm
• Weight: 6,4kg
Difference between Preceptor Model-A and Model-T
The Model-A has a “Speed” switch that affects Attack and Release times. On the Model-T, the switch affects Attack only (and is labelled as such).
The Model-T sports an additional switch (not present on the Model-A): “Action,” which lets you choose between two modes – each giving you a different combination of threshold and compression knee. “Soft” gives you less pump factor and is useful for for complex material – mastering, for instance. “Hard” allows for more agressive pumping and is great for tracking, when you occasionally want access to stronger compression.
The Model-T’s “Soft” setting is optimized for complex material that requires a more finessed touch, such as film scoring or classical music recording and mastering. In case your were wondering, the “T,” in Model-T designates “Transparent.” The Model-A (“Aggressive”), lacking this switch, exhibits the “Hard” compression characteristic, and is great for more aggressive material such as rock and pop recording and mastering.
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|