Gem Audio Labs COMPACTOR is a two-channel, class-A compressor/limiter. Gain reduction is handled by a discrete VCA design based on Zener diodes and bipolar transistors. The Compactor outfits your studio with extremely high-quality, pure analog compression and limiting. Its name says it all.
Usually ships within 10 days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Sporting fewer options and controls than Gem Audio Labs Preceptor models, the Compactor gives you a straight shot of real-deal dynamics processing: compression is fixed ratio at 2:1, and limiting is modeled on the holy grail Fairchild 660.
Compactor’s rugged 2U aluminum and steel chassis and stepped attenuators make it a perfect choice for both studio and live applications. Strap it across the 2 Buss or use it for Parallel Compression, you will find plenty of application to use the Compactor on!
• Inputs: Electronically balanced XLR
• Outputs: Electronically balanced XLR
• Bypass: hard relay bypass
• Input impedance: 48KΩ
• Output impedance: 50Ω
• Frequency response: 20-22.000Hz
• Maximum input level : + 21 dBu @ sensitivity +4 dBu
• Maximum output level: +23 dBu
• S/N ratio (A-weighted) : better than 85dBu
• Meter: 0 to -20dB gain reduction
• Signal path: Class-A, discrete
• VCA: bipolar transistors biased by Zener diodes
• Dynamic modes: limiter, compressor
• Action modes: hard, soft
• Attack: 0,5ms, 1ms, 2ms, 3ms, 5ms, 8ms , 12ms , 30ms
• Release: 50ms, 70ms, 100ms, 150ms, 250ms, 500ms, 1sec, 2sec
• Sidechain filtering : OFF, 80 Hz, 200 Hz, 320 Hz
• PSU: internal
• Fuses type: 230V : 500mA (slo-blo; 5x20mm) /115V :1A (slo-blo; 5x20mm)
• Power consumption: 60W
• Dimensions (WxHxD) : 483x88mm (2U) x 245mm
• Weight: 4,8kg
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|
|Inout transformer(s)||Custom torroidal|
|Output transformer(s)||Custom torroidal|