Thanks to our relationship with Buzz Audio, we can have your new gear to you in no time. Order now and it will be shipped the same day it’s received from the maker. Contact us for the most accurate lead time.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The compression can be very smooth making the unit extremely useful for gently leveling a source without pumping and nasty artifacts. In contrast, the 20:1 ratio can produce heavy limiting effects when driven hard. In either case, the Essence is easy to operate and quick to achieve that "glue" typical of opto compressors. The sound through the Essence is tight and clear with some nice harmonic effect from the transformers.
Controls and indicators
Switch functions are Bypass, Side chain Monitor, Side chain High EQ, Side chain Low EQ, Link (for stereo operation with another Essence in the same rack), Side chain Insert and a switch that lets you view the module Input or Output level or Gain Reduction on the 10 segment LED Meter.
Rotary pots set the output make up Gain and the amount of compression with Drive. Rotary selectors are used for the 4 attack and 6 release settings (including our excellent Auto modes) and the 4 Ratio settings. For an in depth over view of all the control functions we suggest you read the user manual.
The Essence will physically fit all 500 Series frames and consumes 2 slot widths. The connectors associated with the first slot carry the main signal input and output. The connectors associated with the second slot carry the side chain insert send and return. The power draw of 120mA is spread over the 2 slots and within the capability of all known 500 Series racks.
• Frequency Response with no gain reduction = 14Hz to 107kHz, +/- 1.5dB
Maximum Input Level = +25dBu
Maximum Output Level = +27dBu
• Side chain Max Input/Output Levels = +22dBu
• Total Harmonic Distortion:
Measured at 0dBu input, no gain reduction, make up Gain 0dB
100Hz: 0.1%, 1kHz = 0.015%, 10kHz = 0.002%
Measured at +10dBu input, 20dB gain reduction, make up Gain +15dB, Attack AUTO, Release 16: 100Hz = 0.1%, 1kHz = 0.015%, 10kHz = 0.005%
• Residual Noise: -95dB A wtg, 150ohm source Z, make up Gain 0dB
• Make up Gain Range: 0dB to +15dB
• Maximum Available Gain Reduction = 25dB
• S/C HI EQ Boost/Cut: 8dB @ 10kHz
• S/C LO EQ Boost/Cut: 8dB @ 100Hz
• Main Audio Input Impedance: 20k ohms, bal or unbal
• Main Output Impedance: 100 ohms bal or unbal
• Sidechain Send Output Impedance: 100 ohms unbal
• Sidechain Return Input Impedance: 44k ohms bal or unbal
• Size: (3"Wx5.25"H). Fits 2 spaces in API* 500VPR Series rack format
• Power requirements = 120mA +/- 15-18 volts DC, as supplied by rack power supply.
Specifications are typical of a production unit and are subject to change without notice. 0dBu reference = 0.775 volts RMS
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|