In stock. This item is in stock & ready to ship.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The DBC-20 audio path uses our Class A discrete amplifier design in a balanced configuration from input to output. Operation of the compressor is easy with six switched attack and release times, a big knob for the amount of compression and an output gain control. The compressor can be switched to a Soft mode whereby dynamic peaks are partially retained. Another switch introduces a high pass filter to the side chain to lower compression sensitivity at low frequencies. These features make the DBC an ideal tool for manipulating drum sounds and samples. Check out the audio clips.
Each channel has a bypass switch and the side chain of the two channels can be linked for stereo operation. The large knobs with pointers allow for accurate resetting of the compressor and the fast response 15 LED bar graph meter accurately displays gain reduction.
• Discrete Class-A transistor amplifiers
• Transformer saturation
• Progressive ratio control
• Hard and soft modes
• Seamless compression
• Gain - variable pot that adds gain at the output to correct for lost level with 15dB range.
• Compression - variable pot that sets the amount of compression.
• Attack - rotary switch with 6 settings, FAST (less than 0.5mS)-5mS-10mS-15mS-25mS-50mS.
• Release - rotary switch with 6 recovery time settings, 50mS-100mS-200mS-400mS-600mS and AUTO.
• Hard/Soft - adds dynamics in soft mode for times when light compression is required.
• Flat/Bass - reduces compression sensitivity at low frequencies.
• Bypass/Engage - hard wire unit bypass to compare compressed and uncompressed signals.
There is also a handy power On/Off switch and the Link A/B which provides for stereo tracking to prevent image shift when used on the mix buss.
Maximum Input Level; +27dBu
Maximum Output Level; +27dBu
• Noise: -80dBu (measured A Weighted with 10dB gain applied).
• Gain: variable 0dB to +15dB
• Frequency Response: 6Hz to 400kHz measured no gain reduction.
• Harmonic Distortion
At +10dBu input level, no gain reduction; 0.28% @ 100Hz, 0.25% @ 1kHz, 0.15% @ 10kHz
With 10dB gain reduction (Release set to 400mS); 1.5% @ 100Hz, 0.5% @ 1kHz, 0.5% @ 10kHz
• Standard Operating Level: +4dBu
• Size; 1 Unit 19" rack mount, (482Wx44Hx250D)
• Power requirements: 230V/115V selectable, IEC detachable power cable.
Specifications are typical of a production unit and are subject to change without notice. 0dBu reference = 0.775 volts RMS.
|Type||Diode bridged compressor|
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|