The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter is an analog stereo VCA Limiter for studio and broadcast featuring full analog signal path. The audio processing in the Mastering Limiter isn’t done by any digital hardware nor software, it is a DSP unit. Only the control of the parameters and on-board measuring tools are digital.
The Mastering Limiter offers two soft clip + hard clip stages of hardware clipper that allows working on the transients and also protects the following ADC stage from the overloads.
This item is in stock & ready to ship.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 2017-04-15
On-board adjustable harmonic feature, consists of two adjustable stereo harmonic generators for even and odd harmonics content. Each generator has variable DRIVE, FREQUENCY and AMOUNT settings to enrich the processed sound.
The digital data for all the measurement tools implemented into the Bettermaker Mastering Limiter is converted by an internal 24bit/96kHz ADC.
The unit can be connected to the host computer (PC/OSX) via the USB. This allows user to control the unit from the Pro Tools session (or any other DAW with suitable plug-in).
The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter can sync to the host session tempo (to set the release time automatically) and transport controls (makes the LUFS measurements easier and more precise). Of course, the unit can work in the standalone mode too, as all the settings are accessible via the touchscreen.
• Full analog signal path
• Full digital recall of all parameters through the touchscreen and AAX/AU/VST for PC and OSX plug-ins
• Max input/output levels: +26dBu - fully balanced and protected XLRs
• High quality, digitally controlled VCA limiting section with the hardware RMS conversion
• Two soft clip + hard clip stages of hardware clipper
• Stereo and mid/side mode with adjustable width
• Adjustable harmonic generator (color)
• 24bit/96kHz stereo ADC for on-board measurement tools digital data (Input/output level, RMS, peak, VU metering, LUFS : short, long, momentary, FFT analysis, gain reduction over time for the VCA limiter and/or clipper, K-metering, true peaks metering, goniometer and other.
• All measurement window displays are fully customizable by user
• Total recall with presets
• USB connection to the computer (PC/OSX) to control the unit from with suitable plug-in
• Sync to the host session tempo to set the release time automatically and transport controls
• Full features available in standalone mode
|Application||Tracking, Mixing & Mastering|
500 Series Pultec type stereo / Dual Mono EQ502P et EQ502P Remote - 500 Series Parametric stereo EQ542 and EQ542 Remote - 19" Rack format stereo / Dual Mono with M/S EQ232P et EQ232P Remote, 500 Series with M/S, Sidechain and Look ahead mode C502V Compressor and the stereo Brickwall Mastering Limiter with 2 odd & even harmonic generators and Clipper.