Usually ships within 10 days.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Before you say anything, just be aware that the GTC2 dual channel compressor is not a clone of anything. Geoff Tanner decided in 2007 to make a compressor that goes slightly against the grain of today’s trend. You will not find an “Atom Bomb” setting, a “Pummel” switch, or a “Puree” knob. What you will find is a compressor that is so musical and warm, that you will wonder how you ever lived with out it.
As with all of the Aurora Audio products, the Aurora Audio GTC2 is Class A discrete and features balanced input and output transformers. These are the same transformers featured in the GTQ2. These are made in the United Kingdom to Geoff’s exacting specifications by the old Marinair crew.
Like most stereo compressors, you can stereo link the channels so they react the same. One major difference found in the GTC2 is that the stereo link does not make one side the master. Both channels follow one another. If the right is getting more compression, the left follows, and if the left is getting more compression, the right follows. As a result, your stereo image holds steady and your low end sits rock solid. This is very helpful when using the GTC2 on the stereo buss.
One more thing you will find on the GTC2 is an AUTO mode that is actually useable! The AUTO mode on the GTC2 follows your program source, smoothing things out along way. The AUTO mode can reveal some amazing results when used on background vocals, guitars, keyboards, and the stereo buss.
Just remember, the Aurora Audio GTC2 is not an “Emulator” or “Distortion Generator.” It is a classic compressor that retains your low end, warms up your signal, and helps get you that classic punch while still sounding absolutely contemporary.
• Input impedance = 10Kohms, transformer balanced and floating
• Balanced and floating output will drive any impedance from 600 ohms upwards
• Frequency response = 20Hz to >20KHz +/- 1dB
• Total Harmonic Distortion = <0.1% @ 1KHz @ +20dBu
• Noise = <-75dBu filtered 22Hz to 22KHz at unity gain
• Threshold = -10dBu to +30dBu
• Ratio = 1.5:1 to 10:1
• Attack Time = 500uS to 5mS
• Release Time = 100mS to 3 Seconds
• Gain Make up = 0dB to +20dB
• Transformer balanced inputs and outputs
• All Class A discrete transistor circuitry
• Opto, FET and Combined (Opto and FET at same time) control elements
• Controls for Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain make up
• Auto release varies release time in relation to nature of the signal
• Illuminated analog VU/Gain reduction meter
• Auto-sensing integral regulated power supply
• Dimensions = 19” x 2U x 11” deep (482.6mm x 88.9mm x 280mm)
• Weight = 16lbs (7.25Kg)
|Type||Optical & FET Compressor|
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|